Unlike greedy record companies who lobby to seize music piracy, Nisa Records is a record label for a philanthropic cause that encourages the distribution of music and even encourages people to place music on MP3 players.
Much of what Nisa Records is offering encompasses music that is rejected from YouTube, as well as popular music genres, and other miscellaneous themes for a compilation album. Nisa Records has even gone as far as bringing out-of-print soundtrack albums back to production, but as a free product, of which Super Mario Bros. The Movie: Music From The Original Motion Picture Soundtrack is that product.
Nisa Records started on April 26th, 2013 with the release of Nisa's YouTube Rejects on the same day. The album was announced in response to YTMND's alleged closure, which simply turned out to be a hoax.
Nisa Records put plans for future releases of pirate compilation albums on hold due to low demand for albums. The original idea of Nisa Records was for distributing popular music that YouTube would only reject, but another idea for Nisa records is to market MP3 albums with more style, as well as to appeal to a broader market with free MP3 albums.
Recently some spinoffs of this concept have been released, a virtual mixtape of breakdancing music titled Nisa's b-boy mix and a Summer-themed various artists album titled Nisa's Summer Of Love. Then, it would offer a chance to release a planned annual series of NunicaMusicChannel's Greatest Hits, which would comprise of popular tracks uploaded to NunicaMusicChannel based on view count. Now Nisa Records has experimented with reissuing out-of-print soundtrack albums with revamped cover art, and some added bonus tracks, in which the Super Mario Bros. movie had one of those soundtracks.
As NunicaMusicChannel subscribers were increasing, and videos on NunicaMusicChannel were getting lots of view counts, many over 100, and some over 1000; the album NunicaMusicChannel's Greatest Hits 2014 was released as a way to conveniently offer higher quality downloads of music that was most popular on NunicaMusicChannel. In the fall of 2013, Nisa Records started to work on more and more free MP3 albums, of which are based on a music genre.
In the summer of 2014, Nisa Records has realized that there isn't enough demand to justify more creations of discrete Newgrounds accounts to accomodate for uploads of free MP3 albums, so the record label largely became dormant. With stiff competition coming from the Salvo Underground Zone And Nerd Network Enterprise, Nisa Records now has a rival record label, Suzanne Records which also has a similar philosophy behind free entertainment.
For a more detailed portfolio on Nisa Records albums, and a list of not-yet-released albums, see List of Nisa Records album releases.
Select compilations created by Nisa RecordsEdit
- HallowNISA 2014 (download link)
- Nisa's B-boy Mix (download link) (An experimental MP3 mixtape of b-boy tracks)
- Nisa's Birthday Songs (released May 1st, 2014) (An album released to celebrate the first birthday of Nisa Records)
- Nisa's Geometry Songs (released January 2014) (download link)
- Nisa's Gr8-Track Tape Of The 70s (download link) (promo 1 (coming soon)) (promo 2 (now available))
- Nisa's Hits Of The 60s (download link) (promo 1)
- Nisa's Holiday Fiesta (an album series of Christmas music)
- Nisa's Internet Stardom Archive (Internet meme album) (download link) (promo (now available))
- Nisa's Summer of Love (Music for the summer, uses non-standard aspect ratio on album cover) (download link)
- Nisa's Ultimate Megadrive Dance Classics (an experimental release of video game music covers) (download link)
- Nisa's Ultimate Necropolis Inside Celebrity Accolade (released in response to Lou Reed's death RIP 1942-2013) (download link)
- Nisa's Ultimate Nintendo Dance Classics (download link)
- Nisa's Valentines Day Album 2014 (released February 14, 2014) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5siXfi_TiVw download link) (promo video on Nisa Records YouTube channel)
- Nisa's Western Country (download link) (promos: Easy Rider (coming soon), Mars Attacks (now available))
- Nisa's YouTube Rejects series (an album series created in response to music blocked on YouTube)
- Nisabilly (a rockabilly compilation) (download link) (promo)
- Nunica Jack Swing (download link) (promo 4)
- NunicaMusicChannel's Greatest Hits 2014 (download link)
- Old Skool Nisalektro
- R(Nisa)B series:
- ReggatroNISA (a compilation with reggae, and reggatron) (download link) (promo)
Unofficial sponsorships or spinoffs of other album series by Nisa RecordsEdit
- The Evolution Of Dance: Music From The Original YouTube Video Soundtrack, based on the world-famous Evolution Of Dance video by Judson Laipply (download link)
- Jackass's Hardest Knox; an unofficial "Greatest Hits" album of music from the Jackass franchise (i.e. from the movies, TV shows, etc) (DOWNLOAD LINK, promo video)
- Nisa's Jock Jams (released October 2013), an unofficial attempt to revive the Jock Jams media franchise (download link) (promo 1) (coming soon)
Other albums reissued by Nisa RecordsEdit
- Super Mario Bros. The Movie: Music From The Original Motion Picture Soundtrack (released September 2013)
- Lurg Records, an affiliate of Nisa Records for Johnny Lurg's distribution of the media. Some album releases from this record label are somewhat of a parody of compilations from Nisa Records.
- Nisa Entertainment, a spin-off subsidiary dealing with non-music products which are freely downloadable.
- Nunica Internet Social Alliance
- Warner Music Group
- List of Nisa Records album releases
- List of songs featured on Nisa Records albums
Product lineup promo videosEdit
- July 2013 promo
- September 2013 promo, also NunicaMusicChannel's 261 SUBSCRIBER milestone video.
- late September 2013 promo, also NunicaMusicChannel's 270 subscriber milestone video. This one features a comic strip of Toejam and Earl boasting the awesomeness of Nisa Records.
|Nunica Internet Social Alliance|